This policy describes how Tenlegs, LLC handles information collected and received from Members and visitors to the Tenlegs website.
At Tenlegs, we want to have an open community, yet remain respectful of our Member's privacy. In order to support an open community for creators, buyers and sellers of creative content, some of your activities on the Tenlegs site may be identified by your First and Last Name as described in this policy. However, we are committed to providing a safe and friendly environment for creative people to interact without having their personal information misused.
A user can browse the Tenlegs website without revealing personal information. However, in order to use the Tenlegs Service, you must become a Member. By becoming a Member, you consent to our collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this policy.
The information Tenlegs may collect and store includes the following:
- E-mail address, contact information, and other information provided as part of membership registration;
- Content, Catalog Information, Profile Information, and other information posted to our Website;
- Transactional information based on your activities, such as buying and selling Content;
- Billing, payment, and other information;
- Comments, ratings, favorites, following, "likes," sharing and other postings ("Community Activity");
- Direct communications between and among Members using the communications and collaboration tools on the Tenlegs site ("In-Platform Chats");
- Notices, dispute resolution, and other correspondence through the Tenlegs website or sent physically;
- Other information from your interaction with the Tenlegs website and Service, content, and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the website, ad data, internet protocol (IP) address, and standard web log information; and
- Supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Tenlegs, we may conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
Use of Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience for the Tenlegs Service.We use such information to:
- Provide the Service and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent or respond to prohibited or illegal activities;
- Customize, measure, and improve our Service and advertising;
- Tell you about our Service, Member Content, and promotional offers; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Based on the information we collect and receive, we may send marketing communications or newsletters promoting our Service, Member Content, promotional offers, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference when you receive any marketing email from us by following the instructions contained in any marketing email. You may change your preference at any time on a going-forward basis by changing the settings in your account information.
We will not sell or rent your e-mail address to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Information You Share
A Member's Username, First Name and Last Name is connected to all of your activity on the Tenlegs website. Your Username, Profile Information, and Community Activity are available to the public. Because we use your First and Last Name, any visitors to our website (not just other registered Members) will be able to personally identify you and your activities on the Tenlegs website.
Information about your Content, your Catalog Information, Comments about you or your Content, and "Community Activity" related to your Catalog and Content will be visible to any visitor to our website (not just other registered Members). Any Profile Information you provide will also be visible to any visitor to our Website (not just other registered Members).
Registration Information will not be visible to visitors or other Members, except if such Registration Information is included in your Profile Information. Further, Projects you create that are marked private will only be visible to anyone invited as a collaborator on that Project.
Please also be aware that if you access our website from a shared computer (e.g., in an Internet cafe) certain information about you, such as your Username, First Name, and Last Name may be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We employ technology for web analytics that help us better manage content on our site. This technology can track the on-site movements and activities of our users.
Disclosure of Your Information
Tenlegs may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies and respond to claims that Content or other material violate the rights of others, or protect anyone's property or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations;
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity;
- Third parties that provide a valid subpoena or court order; or
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
Communications and Collaboration Tools
The Tenlegs Service includes a variety of communications and collaborations tools that allow you to communicate with other Members, collaborate on Projects, and post Comments. Some communications are open and will be available to anyone who visits the Tenlegs site. In-Platform Chats are "one-on-one" and will be made between and among Members to whom the communications are directed.
We may temporarily store your communications (whether open or one-on-one). However, we do not generally use your In-Platform Chats for any purpose other than providing communications features.
No Spam, Spyware, or Spoofing
If you send an email to an email address that is not registered (e.g., via sharing or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
You are not authorized to use other Tenlegs Members' e-mail addresses or add e-mail addresses to your mailing list, even if a Member publicly displays his/her e-mail address on the Tenlegs website or purchases Content from you, without his/her express consent.
Password and Account Protection
We encourage you to use unique numbers, letters, and special characters in setting your account password. Do not disclose your password to anyone. Please be advised that you are responsible for all actions taken under your Display Name and registered email address. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password and notify us if you need assistance. You can change your password at any time in your account information.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Information
You can see, review, and change most of your Registration Information by signing in to your account. Generally, we will not manually modify your information, because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your Registration Information if it changes or is inaccurate.
Once you make a Comment or other posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your Profile Information from view as soon as reasonably possible. However, your Community Activity will leave a "trail," and continue to be visible (although your Profile will not). We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the Member Agreement, and take other actions permitted by law.
We will use reasonable security tools (e.g., encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect information against unauthorized access and disclosure. Tenlegs follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Tenlegs receives it. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your information that they collect from the Tenlegs website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Tenlegs employs other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and needs to share your information with them to provide products and services to you. Examples include but are not limited to fulfilling orders, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service.
Tenlegs may amend this policy at any time and post changes here, on the Tenlegs website, so please review it frequently.